Database analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
• Collect and document user requirements
• Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
• Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
• Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
• Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.
• May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
Data administrators perform some or all of the following duties:
• Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
• Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
• Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
• Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
• Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
• May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.