Accountants perform some or all of the following duties:
• Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals, departments within organizations, businesses and other establishments
• Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
• Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
• Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
• Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
• May act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
• May supervise and train articling students, other accountants or administrative technicians.